Work with a team of passionate advocates committed to creating a state where domestic and sexual violence are intolerable.
Salt Lake City (and remote)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LINKLINE ADVOCATE (PART-TIME POSITION)
The Utah Domestic Violence Coalition (UDVC) is a team of non-profit, community-based victim service provider organizations working to create a state where domestic and sexual violence are intolerable.
The Domestic Violence LINKLine Advocate is responsible for answering incoming calls to the LINKLine during allotted day shifts and is expected to competently provide crisis intervention, resources and referrals, and listening support to survivors in a non-judgmental and trauma informed manner. This role is also expected to enhance resource material available to callers.
• Answer incoming calls during allotted day shifts on the LINKLine in a supportive, non-judgmental manner, utilizing the Lethality Assessment Protocol (LAP) with callers to support safety planning and refer callers to appropriate resources.
• Provide 1:1 advocacy work for individuals as required.
• Maintain accurate records of calls received, resources provided and referrals made.
• Assist with data entry, filing and updating resources in service directory.
• Work to enhance the LINKLine program, its reach, and overall services provided, including tabling at community events to engage members of the public and provide DV information and resources.
• Attend ongoing trainings in line with organizational requirements.
• Attend quarterly meetings with LINKLine advocates and volunteers.
• Other tasks as requested.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes.
• Must complete (or already have completed) UDVC’s 40-hour DV Training prior to taking calls.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen to people in stressful situations; to hear and assess clients’ need(s); and to convey accurate information.
• Prior experience of staffing crisis lines/ providing direct advocacy preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
This is a part time, hourly (non-exempt) position paying $11-$14 per hour (DOE) for 10-25 hours per week. Unfortunately, benefits are not available for this part time position.
• Please send a cover letter, resume, up to three professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (801-521-5548) or by regular mail (UDVC, 124 S 400 E, Suite 430, SLC, UT 84111). No telephone calls please.
• This position is “Open until filled”- applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
• Applicants are subject to mandatory pre-employment security background checks.
• UDVC is an equal opportunity employer for all person without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.