Work with a team of passionate advocates committed to creating a state where domestic and sexual violence are intolerable.
If we don't have openings posted, we'd still love to hear from you.
Upload your resume and tell us your interests.
The UDVC Community Based Advocate (CBA) position is based in Roosevelt, UT and will focus on providing direct advocacy services to survivors in the Uintah/Duchesne/Daggett counties. The CBA will work closely with Northeastern Counseling Center (Roosevelt, UT) to provide crisis intervention, links to services, legal advocacy, and individual support for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The advocate must be comfortable presenting material in public to a wide variety of audiences (from school children to tribal elders).
Board of Directors Vacancy
If you would like to stand for election as a Board member or nominate someone else, please note the following information:
- Applications can be submitted by mail, email or fax to the UDVC (see below for details).
- All applications will be reviewed by the UDVC Board Governance Committee who will prepare a slate for approval by the UDVC Board, and elections will take place at a Coalition meeting.
Board Commitment under bylaws:
- Board members serve for a term of 3 years which is renewable once.
- There are a minimum of 4 Board meetings a year that Board members are expected to attend in person or by conference call.
- There are also 4 Coalition meetings a year that Board members are expected to attend in person.
- There are 3 Standing Committees of the Board one of which board members are expected to actively participate in—either in person or by conference call (Executive Committee; Finance Committee; Governance Committee).
Officers of the Board:
- The Officers of the Board are drawn from and elected by the Board members at the Board meeting closest to the start of the fiscal year (October 1st).
- Anyone standing for election as a Board member could potentially be selected as an Executive officer (chair-elect, secretary, treasurer) and should be prepared to undertake additional responsibilities. The Governance committee would discuss the nomination of any Board member for an Executive position in advance.
- Please refer to the attached bylaws and please pay particular attention to Articles VI - X for responsibilities of the Board; eligibility to stand as a Board Director; conflicts of interest; duties of officers of the Board; meetings; committees.
- Please note that 51% of the Board and 51% of Officers of the Board must comprise primary purpose nonprofit domestic violence victim services.
- If you wish to nominate someone, please contact them and have them complete an application.
- Please also complete a Conflict of Interest form and submit with your application.
How to Apply:
- Please submit the Board Nomination Form & Conflict of Interest Statement to UDVC via:
- Mail 124 S 400 E, Suite 430, SLC, UT 84111-2178
- Email email@example.com
- Fax 801-521-5548
- If you have any specific queries relating to your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.