DV Community Based Advocate - Roosevelt, UT
DV Community Based Advocate - Roosevelt, UT
The Utah Domestic Violence Coalition (UDVC) is a team of non-profit, community-based victim service provider organizations working to create a state where domestic and sexual violence are intolerable.
The UDVC Community Based Advocate (CBA) position is based in Roosevelt, UT and will focus on providing direct advocacy services to survivors in the Uintah/Duchesne/Daggett counties. The CBA will work closely with Northeastern Counseling Center (Roosevelt, UT) to provide crisis intervention, links to services, legal advocacy, and individual support for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The advocate must be comfortable presenting material in public to a wide variety of audiences (from school children to tribal elders).
● Provide direct empowerment based advocacy services for survivors of domestic or sexual violence as needed or requested in the Uintah, Duchesne and Daggett County including crisis intervention, meaningful access to counseling, legal advocacy and follow-up. This also would include working closely with surrounding tribal members.
● Be fully knowledgeable, coordinate and collaborate with surrounding DVSPs (Domestic Violence Service Providers), Northeastern Counseling Center and Urban Indian Center.
● Provide legal advocacy necessary to assist survivors in obtaining Protective Orders from the Tribal or District Courts.
● Attend community meetings, volunteer trainings, etc., as appropriate for client services.
● Abide by confidentiality required by OVW/VAWA/UDVC.
● Responsible for completing required paperwork and maintaining client history. This includes preparing necessary reports for funding sources, as requested.
● Ensures that survivors have meaningful access to and engage with the Northeastern Counseling Center (Roosevelt, UT).
● Collaborate with existing systems based victim services in the region to ensure all possible resources are being leveraged to support survivors.
● Raise awareness about sexual assault/domestic violence/teen dating violence in the Uintah, Duchesne & Daggett Counties.
● Participate in all staff meetings, client staffings, and in-service trainings.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
● At least one year of experience at a domestic violence program. Direct service provision preferred.
● Understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault and willingness to engage in training to further develop knowledge in these areas.
● Well-developed organizational skills, time management skills, strong attention to detail, and commitment to creating high quality programs.
● Strong verbal, writing and interpersonal skills including ability to work constructively with diverse populations. Must have a professional demeanor.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office® applications: Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®
● Experience and proficiency with other computer applications (and ability to learn new ones).
● Ability to remain calm when working in crisis situations.
● Flexible scheduling to allow for work outside of business hours (8:30am-5:00pm) may occasionally be required.
● Must have reliable transportation (including driver’s license and proof of insurance): In-state travel is required.
● Commitment to contributing toward a positive work culture.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time salaried position paying $30K-$35K (DOE) plus benefits which include:
● 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
● 100% of $15,000 Life & ADD Policy.
● 100% of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Counseling Services.
● Mileage reimbursement for statewide travel.
● A competitive time off policy which is summarized below:
○ 12 paid holidays per year (plus two half days Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve).
○ Up to 10 days of Sick Leave per year.
○ Up to 10 days of Vacation Leave per year.
● No telephone calls please.
● Please send a cover letter, resume, up to three professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to Selina Gorst via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (801-521-5548) or by regular mail (UDVC, 124 S 400 E, Suite 430, SLC, UT 84111).
● Applicants are subject to mandatory pre-employment security background checks.
● Preference may be extended to qualified applicants living in/willing to relocate to Roosevelt, UT.
● This position is “Open until filled” - applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
● UDVC is an equal opportunity employer for all person without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.