Virtual Training: Teen Dating Violence
The UDVC has a wonderful opportunity to partner with the One Love Foundation for a virtual training event to address, learn how to support, and how to respond to young adult dating violence.
This training is geared for any professional who works with/provides services to teens: schools (educators, student services, social workers, school counselors, etc); universities (faculty and staff); law enforcement; homeless service providers; domestic violence service providers (advocates, case managers, teen programs); community partners; mental health professionals, etc.
One Love is a national foundation whose focus is to provide education/training to young people and professionals regarding healthy and unhealthy relationships, empowering them to identify and avoid abuse and learn how to engage in healthy relationships.
The objectives of this training are to:
- Familiarize participants with core statistics about IPV specific to teen dating violence
- Review signs of healthy vs unhealthy relationships in young people
- Community engagement strategies and tools that will inspire and empower young people
- How to support/respond to young people who may be in abusive relationships
- How to support/respond to young people who may be acting in unhealthy ways
- Safety Planning for young people
Space is limited. Be sure to reserve your spot as soon as possible.